If you’re anything like us, you’ll be excitedly planning your trip to Money20/20 in Amsterdam. We also know that since Covid came on the scene, planning that trip is a little more complicated than it used to be, so here’s a little guidance on the paperwork you’ll need to make your travel experience as smooth as possible.
The information below will be relevant for anyone travelling from the UK. If you are not travelling from the UK, please disregard the below and use this website to find the advice you need about entering the Netherlands.
There are 5 key things you’ll need to bring with you to travel from the UK to the Netherlands:
1. PASSPORT: We know it’s been a while, but don’t forget this one! ;)
2. PROOF OF VACCINATION & VACCINE DECLARATION FORM: Fully vaccinated residents of countries outside the European Union are exempt from the non-EU travel ban and so are welcome in the Netherlands. Remember to bring your proof of vaccination and vaccine declaration form with you to show that you meet the criteria to enter the country.
3. NEGATIVE COVID TEST: To enter the Netherlands from outside the EU, you’ll need either a negative PCR test result from less than 48 hours before departure or a negative antigen test result from less than 24 hours before. You may need to fill in a short health declaration form stating you have no symptoms, but often this is covered by the airline.
4. LETTER OF INVITATION (we’ll send you this): Travellers from countries the Netherlands has designated “very high risk” are required to complete a quarantine on arrival in the Netherlands, but we can confirm that fully vaccinated Money20/20 delegates can qualify for an exemption from this quarantine and so will not have to quarantine. We have recently received confirmation that a non-personalised letter of invitation can also be used, alongside proof of your Money20/20 ticket. Please download and print this non-personalised letter of invitation. Please be able to show proof of your Money20/20 ticket (your badge collection barcode email or booking confirmation) if it is requested.
5. QUARANTINE DECLARATION FORM: You will need to complete a quarantine declaration form, which you can print and bring with you. Please tick the box that indicates that you fall into an exemption category. In the exemption category box, please write “Significant contribution to Dutch economy,” and in the supporting document box, please write “Letter of invitation from a Dutch business.” Nothing else is required in section 2 or 3.
If you come armed with all that, you should have everything you need to get to the show - we’ve tried it ourselves from a country on the list so we can confirm it works! All of the important stuff you might want to know about health & safety at the show itself, including entry to the event, can be found on this page - we’re updating it frequently.
And for the way home? At the time of writing, the Netherlands is on the UK’s amber list for travel, meaning that fully vaccinated British people do not have to quarantine on return to the UK, but please use the British government website to make sure you know what you’ll need to do to get back smoothly. If you need a test to return (currently you do), the Netherlands is providing those for free for travellers. Find out more here.
If you have any questions about the letter of invitation, please let us know. We aren’t able to give any further advice on governmental travel restrictions as they are subject to change and we don’t want to give you out-of-date info, so please use the Dutch government website for advice around heading to Amsterdam and your own government’s website for the way home.
We’re so looking forward to seeing you in Amsterdam. This is the first fintech event of scale that has been able to take place for well over 18 months, and it’s great to hear from so many people just how excited the community is to get back to business at Money20/20 Europe.
See you there! Team 20/20