Bob Hedges is a partner with A.T. Kearney where he is global and Americas leader of the firm's Financial Institutions Practice. He has extensive consulting experience with a focus on retail banking strategy, marketing, distribution and channel strategies, innovation and growth in retail financial services, digital commerce, operating models, and large-scale transformation. Bob is based in A.T. Kearney’s Boston office.
Notable client engagements include:
• Projects to enhance the customer experience, identify and deliver process improvements and productivity gains, and manage multichannel delivery systems to maximize profitable market share for leading national banks
• Customer acquisition and marketing strategies for regional banks seeking to capitalize on marketplace dissatisfaction from large bank acquisition and consolidation activity
• Consumer bank channel usage behavior analysis and strategies for process reengineering and cost reduction
• Mobile banking and payment strategies for customer acquisition and strategic growth
• Revenue remediation models and product strategies for leading retail banks
• Payment and interchange revenue strategies for leading banks and networks
• Acquisition due diligence for private equity firms
Bob is also a highly regarded and widely quoted industry commentator and author.
Before joining A.T. Kearney, he was a managing director at AlixPartners and the cofounder and managing partner of Mercatus, a strategic consulting firm focused on retail financial services. He also held leadership roles at Shawmut Bank, FleetBoston, and Fidelity Investments and gained consulting experience at the MAC Group (now Gemini Consulting) and First Manhattan Consulting Group. He earned his undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College and has an MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management.
Money20/20 Las Vegas 2017